Monday, February 14, 2011


So back to the actual knitting aspect of things, I finished a baby blanket for my brother in law and his wife. They are trying to adopt a child and didn't feel they were ready without having 'stuff' for the baby. What a great excuse to break out the really cute things to knit up for them! Now just to be patient to see what gender I can knit for.... Though I guess I could just knit up both and be prepared either way.

Here is a picture of the finished product. It is Jared Flood's Wool Leaves. I really love working his patterns. They are very thought out. Easy to read. Charted BEE-U-TEH-FULLY! And most the time, easily memorized so you aren't having to sit with it attached to your lap. I also really enjoy the fibers that he knits with. I would LOVE to get ahold of some of his newest yarns that he personally worked on developing. Maybe someday. But for now he chooses to use natural products and reaches for Cascade Eco Wool frequently. Great yardage for a great price. It is the 'never-ending' skein. 470 ish yards for around $15.oo. I am seriously thinking of stocking up a supply of this yarn in all the natural colorways. But it might just be defeating last weeks post. I am still wavering. But a good thing is a good thing.

Without further adieu, I give you Wool Leaves.

I currently have on the needles a commissioned piece. I am not sure if I have the permission to post pictures of it but I will ask. I really enjoy working with the yarn and the pattern is very mindless. If I could just remember to count correctly. Otherwise, I am very pleased to be asked to assist in this manner. Hopefully, photos can come soon.

Happy Valentine's Day.

No comments: