Wednesday, August 17, 2011

plugging along

Just a wee update on the 'life and times' of going crazy....

I miss my friends. I miss what is familiar. I miss having somewhat of structure in my life. And I really need school to start. Soon.

I did manage to finish The Loopy Ewe Camp Loopy Project 2. I knit the Bavarian Tulip Mittens out of Three Irish Girls Glenhaven CashMerino Worsted in the newest Rona color way. Twice since moving here our heat has kicked on. Yes, both times have been in July. Quite the stark contrast from what we left in the states with soaring temps well over the norms. Yet, I have yet to be warm. Not a good sign with it being the middle of August and still no real warm days. So, I knit myself some mittens. I am sure they are just what I needed for riding my bike around here.

The next challenge is to knit a project with more than 800 yards in it. My choice is to make a matching caplet that doesn't restrict my arm movement to holding on while riding but isn't all the bulky. The Loopy Ewe suggested the Winter's Rhythm caplet. I know the designer. Not know know, but I attended Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock Sock Camp in 2009 with her. She had just opened her own yarn store. It is really great to see her patterns develop into actual well known objects. Kelly is a lovely person and I wish her the best in her continued success. But back to the pattern, I am going to continue to use 3IG GCM Worsted for the caplet in the matching red and picked up a dark blue to go along. I think when I am finished I will make a matching hat or ear band to complete the ensemble.

Other than that, I continue to wade through a sea of boxes. I have reached the point that they no longer bother me and I just swim through. I have lost all interest in trying to organize the stuff. It is just easier to go buy new than to try and dig through it all. I swear, the next time, I am leaving it all save for a few paintings and my yarn. Even then, maybe only two boxes of yarn and that's it. I have forgotten what I purchased most of the yarn for or just don't have time to get to it. Short of sitting and knitting all day, I have come to admit I have S.A.B.L.E. (Stash Acquired Beyond Life Expectancy) UGH!

Off to fight the boxes....

No comments: