Friday, May 6, 2011

Am I missing something?

So here it is the first week of May and I never posted in April even though I am still trying to blog more often. (Yes, I hear the roars of laughter. I did say I was trying.) Even so, I am finally taking a break. I have run off and left the family with loads to do and yes, even over the holiday for Maryland Sheep & Wool. What is that you might ask? I will tell you.

It is an event held every year on the first full weekend of May in Friendship Heights, Maryland hosted by the Maryland Sheep Breeders Association. They have dog herding trials, fleeces from the supporting breeders for sale and (most importantly in my opinion) vendors of the fiber arts. That means yarn, yarn, and more yarn. They do have roving and equipment sales as well as cutesy items just because. On a side note, this is where I has my first encounter with Sheep Incognito. 7 originals later and I am still eyeing her newest one, Dude would NOT be very happy with me if I came home with another. That is why I say I am still 'eyeing' it.

It was also the first time I met a fellow Raveler. I had never set out to meet someone that I had only communicated online with. But we had just moved to Virginia and she is from Maryland and suggested we meet there. A HUGE public place and we have grown to be better friends since. So it is only fitting that my last fiber festival here in the States should be spent with her. I left my family and took the train to Baltimore. Train rides are perfect for knitters and crocheters (not that I am a crochter. I am quite happy not knowing it.) Totally undisturbed knitting time. I finished the baby sweater that has been haunting me for the last 6 months. I started the Baby Mine Sweater by the YarnHarlot awhile ago and put it down only to have found it again three weeks ago. Add in the trip to Europe, four more comission projects and two birthday presents, the sweater took a back seat. But all that time without whiny, complaining, bickering kids, I knocked it out. I will have blocked photos once I return and locate the camera. (Not sure where it has ended up since our return.)

There was to be a whole long saga post in April of a very bad flying experience that 4 weeks later still has me very angry about but I haven't published it yet. It is what it is. But I did finish the other objects as well so I do believe, gentle readers, that I owe you a post of just photos. On that note, I bid you happy knitting until next time. I'm off to MDS&W.

No comments: