Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Once more for the road

This final blog should round the year out. I have managed to post at least once a month for the full year. Go Me! Next year, my goal for blogging is to manage twice a month. Not that anyone actually reads this, but hey, it's doable. Baby steps. 

Speaking of baby steps, I did a little dyeing today. Ok- side note- this morning over breakfast, we were discussing what was the game plan for the day. I said, "I'm going to try and get some dyeing done." 

At that point Littlest Miss looked at me and said, "Dyeing? You mean like this?" And she tilted her head and stuck her tongue out of the side of her mouth. 

I assured her that indeed I had hoped not today that kind of dying. 
And today was a good day for dyeing. I accomplished from naked wool to now coloured, hanked, wound, and re-hanked two good size hanks. I can post the pictures because the intendeds never look here. 
I really don't want to give them up now. What is worse, I didn't take any notes on how I managed it so I am really quite hosed. Sheep nuts!

I am almost done with the Christmas knitting; one set of mittens and a bind off for a blanket. I keep thinking I can add one more thing to my list for that one more person. But, really, it is the middle of the month, think about it. Umm, no. I keep reminding myself, umm, no. I will not let myself go crazy trying to do it all.  
So enough for now and back to the grindstone. I really must start sooner next year. So, good luck to you if your not done with your shopping or knitting, it's going to get ugly. Just remember the real reason for the season. Celebrating the birth of Jesus. 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments: