Friday, May 16, 2008

Adventures in Knittyland

So, tomorrow we board a plane to fly back to Michigan for a my brother-in-law to get married. The wedding is on Sunday so that means we have a flight first thing out on Monday morning. YIKES! It is bad enough to try and get three kids out the door at 7 am to be on school on time. What was my mother-in-law thinking when she booked the tickets? She wasn't. It has been over 30 years since she had to remotely do anything of the sort. But, she is paying for the tickets. What do I care? Other than I really do.

 On to happier things. That means I should be able to get some serious knitting done. Two 1.5 hour flights. Two 1.5 hour layovers. In each direction. Hopefully, I can manage to get at least two cupcakes done. I am doing at least two in this new lime green and have a new topping to add to the frosting yarn. I am kinda sick of looking at the pink. Though I do have two done already in the pink.  I have four birthdays to knit for in the next three weeks. One of which should be going over seas (really just Canada. Hi! Amelia. I am working like a mad dog on your birthday kit. Though I think I am going to send you one of the pink ones. It is very festive. I really hope you like it. I do.)


I also started this bias shawl which I hope to have a chunk of completed by the time I'm home. 
I purchased the yarn while at the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. That was so FANTASTIC!!! I met up with a fellow housemate from the Hogwarts Sock Kit Swap 4 & now 5, terik. Here is the link to her blog if you would like to hear her story. It was really terrific to finally put a face with  a blog. Hopefully, more photos to follow about that. Though I forgot my camera, I did have my phone which doesn't take bad pictures, just not the greatest. 

I am dyeing to try and dye some sock yarn on my own. But I do think that might need to wait till we are at least in our house and not still in the hotel. Three more weeks and then we are there. YEAH!!! I am starting to know my way around here. I still hate it though. Just as I think it will be okay, I meet some really rude or nasty person or just down right hateful 'I-don't-want-you-here-in-my-state-so-I-am-going-to-make-you-moving-here-really-difficult' type person and then I have a bout of 'I just want to move back to my comfort zone' days. Then I get offered a job or I meet someone fantastic and it swings back into the 'I will keep trying to find something good about this place' spots and another couple of days go by. So, long story short, the jury is still out on it. 

On another note, on Wednesday, I received my reducio sock kit swap package. My spoilee was very thoughtful and sent me a fantastic book. I have it on audio and just love having the print version now as well. The book mark is just TOO cute. As is the sock, I am thinking I can make another and have a Dobby theme on my webkins. The girls just LOVE it and are in the process of learning how to make one for all their animals. I love it when something like this helps them in their creativity. It is truly a lost art.

Best get back to packing. Hopefully, I will have a couple of photos to post when I return on Monday. Have a wonderful weekend. 

No comments: