Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mum's Day

I hope this finds every one who is a mum or a what-to-be mum very well, happy, and remembered. For more years than I care to count, I haven't been. So this year I took it upon myself to be remembered. I bought new yarn. Then told the kids and dear hubby to scram, I was knitting all day. 

That was really yesterday. And I did. I watched P.S. I Love You. I cried, I laughed, I cried some more, and got half way through the sock. So I started the movie again, and finished the sock. 

I finished the sock. It only took a couple of hours. It was much easier than I really thought it was going to be. Why is it that we psyche ourselves out over doing something new that we think we need to take twice as long to get it done than it really turns out to be? That was the case with this last project. It was a new swap started on Ravelry. The 'Reducio Sock Swap' is suppose to be just a quick two week throw something together to kill time between the Hogwarts Sock Kit Swap 4 and 5. Just a mini-sock, a goodie, and a note saying who you are. That is it. Nothing big. Nothing outrageous. Yet, here I was procrastinating.

I finished it. Unfortunately, in my ecstatic attitude of being done, over-joyously wrapped everything up to promptly put in the mail in the morning, I forgot to take a picture of it. Maybe my soon to be recipient will snap one and post it for me.  If I had been really on top of it, I would have done it before the weekend now that the postage rates have gone up, it must be my penance for putting off something so silly. I do hope that my partner likes it. I am not as talented as she, so I am afraid she will be a bit disappointed. She showed her sock off on ravelry and did a miniature intarsia. YIKES!! It looks FANTASTIC. I wish I was receiving from her instead of sending to her. 

I also completed the socks that I showed off on my first, maybe second, blog. I was so excited with that yarn. Again, procrastinated for too long to do the socks. Now they are done. YEAH!!! Here is a photo of the finished item. I LOVE wearing them. They are a fantastic hang around the house, or in this case, the hotel, without getting your feet frozen.

The list came out today for the swap partners for HSKS 5. I have a new partner. Though I just looked at it, for the life of me I cannot remember who or what house. Booger. 

Only three more weeks in the hotel. Then we are handed keys to the rental house and hopefully a bit more settling can occur. I am still withholding judgement on this relocation. So far, not good. Good friends are still encouraging me that it is too soon to cast permanent thoughts of running away to my former glory. We shall see.  We shall see. 

Maybe another trip half way around the world is in order. I haven't seen Northern Australia yet. 

1 comment:

Jean said...

Hi Jennifer! I'm sorry I disappeared for a spell. I was having a period of difficulty. Now I'm righted again. I'm sorry I missed your send off. A hotel, eh? At least you are blogging more! I like the new layout. Happy Mother's Day. What are you knitting now? I just finished a Rainy Day scarf to put up for a future gift. I think I might finally start my felted clogs! Anyway, hang in there.